Name three albums that everyone should hear before they die.
Where did your name come from?
- My name “KillGXXD” came from my email address, but a shorter version. My brother Paris Jones also suggested that I should call myself KillGXXD.
You’ve described yourself less as a DJ and more of a producer or music maker. What is the difference, and why does it matter to you?
- Although I’ve done some DJ work in my career, I much prefer to be known as a creator, a music maker. DJ-ing feel like slavery most times. You do what the crowd wants. I’ve never been that type of guy and I always did what I wanted or felt. I love to express myself. Creating and producing music allows me to do just that.
What’s your favorite instrument to play? Why?
- My favorite instrument to play happens to be the Bass Guitar (so far). For some reason, the bass guitar gets looked at as a simple instrument, but depending on the individual’s skill level, it can become very complex and can bring out some unique sounds.
What would make you want to quit making music?
- I would quit making music the moment it becomes slavery and forced upon me. I’ll also quit if it becomes a problem amongst my family.
Name three artists or musicians that you would love to open for, dead or alive.
- Sheesh, there’s so many! I would love to open for Kamasi Washington, Kanye West, and Corey Henry. I’ll admit that this list can change as I go throughout the day. But whatever.
Spencer’s Vanguard is…
- …a unique body of expressions.